Geotechnical / Soil Investigation
Site investigation can be regarded as an essential part of the preliminary design of any construction project which determines the geological (geology), engineering (soil and rock mechanics), hydrological (groundwater) and environmental (contamination) characteristics of the ground. It is fundamental to safe, efficient and economic development.
We ensure that the ground investigation is designed and implemented correctly to meet the project requirements. Where necessary, our multi-disciplined teams are able to integrate the scope of works to cover both geotechnical and environmental concerns in order to provide a technically robust and cost effective site investigation solution.
We provide both factual and interpretive reports. Ground Investigation Reports (GIR) and Geotechnical Design Reports (GDR) are provided to meet the requirements of Eurocode 7 (EC7). We have established a reputation for analysing the problem and delivering solutions and design reports of unrivalled quality and clarity.
Our key areas of site investigation geotechnical consultancy include
- Initial Site Investigation / Site Appraisal
- Phase 1 Geotechnical Desk Study
- Geological Assessment
- Hydrogeological Characterisation
- Ground Investigation Design
- Foundations, Piling, Basements and Sub Structures
- Subsidence or Heave Investigations and Underpinning Design
- Slope Engineering and Slope Stabilisation
- Retaining Structures, Bored and Sheet Piling
- Temporary and Permanent Works
- Earthworks design and monitoring
- Ground Improvement and Soil Stabilisation
- Road and Temporary Works Platforms
- Soakaways and Stormwater Managements
- Pipeline Route Evaluation, Ground Characterisation, Engineering Analysis and Thrust Block Design
- Ground Instrumentation and Monitoring
- Mining and Cavities